SportsSource: Man United plotting major summer rebuild

Source: Man United plotting major summer rebuild

-

- Advertisment -spot_img


Manchester United are hoping their conservative approach to the January transfer window will allow them to complete a major rebuild of the playing squad in the summer, a source has told ESPN.

United signed left-back Patrick Dorgu from Lecce and youngster Ayden Heaven from Arsenal in January while allowing Marcus Rashford and Antony to leave on loan. Tyrell Malacia is also expected to seal a temporary move to PSV Eindhoven on Tuesday.

There has been criticism from supporters over the club’s reluctance to sign another attacking player despite a desperate lack of goals.

Strikers Rasmus Højlund and Joshua Zirkzee have scored just five Premier League goals between them so far this season.

A source has told ESPN that United looked at various options to bolster Ruben Amorim’s attacking options, including Mathys Tel.

However, there was concern internally that any money spent would have reduced their budget for the summer window when it was more likely that players who better fit their long-term plans will be available.

United, according to an ESPN source, ended their interest in Tel because of Bayern Munich‘s demand for a loan fee of around £5 million ($6.2m) with no option or obligation to make the move permanent built into the deal.

The feeling was that they were being asked to provide game time to a young player to aid his development for the benefit of Bayern.

United’s financial position is being described by insiders as “very tight” but there is hope that their approach to the January window will aid prospects of a substantial overhaul in the summer.

Victor Lindelöf and Christian Eriksen, both out of contract at the end of the season, are expected to leave on free transfers. United will also attempt to remove Casemiro‘s large salary from their wage bill with a permanent move.

A source has told ESPN that Sporting CP‘s Geovany Quenda is one of the summer targets. The 17-year-old has a release clause of €100m ($103m) but there is a belief that Amorim’s former club will be willing to negotiate a fee closer to €60m.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Stock Market LIVE: Sensex Down 260 Points, Nifty Below 23,300 As US Imposes 26% Tariff On India – News18

Stock Market Updates LIVE: Indian markets were weaker at market open on Thursday, after US President announced a...

USMNT’s Adams: Pro-rel would improve MLS

U.S. men's national team midfielder Tyler Adams has voiced his support for the idea of bringing promotion and...

Gland Pharma, Sun Pharma, Other Pharma Stocks Gain Up To 15% After Exemption From Trump’s Tariffs – News18

Last Updated:April 03, 2025, 11:39 ISTIndia imposes a 10% tariff on pharmaceutical imports from the US, while the...

Measles updates, lorazepam risks and antibiotics breakthrough

Fox News' Health newsletter brings you stories on the latest developments in healthcare, wellness, diseases, mental health...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

600-Year-Old Fresco by Fra Angelico Gets Some Necessary Love

When Steven Woloshin, an American doctor, first saw the 600-year-old fresco of a Crucifixion by the Renaissance master...

Nikon Z5II review in progress: what's beauty worth?

When you use DPReview links to buy products, the site may earn a commission. Sample galleryThis widget is not...

Must read

New country album pays homage to Tom Petty

New country album pays homage to Tom Petty...

At least 10 shot dead as section of Kenyan parliament set on fire

At least ten people were shot dead in...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you